Jewellery will most likely need cleaning over time. But be careful not to scratch your jewellery when doing so – do not use paper towels, only use soft cloths to polish.
To freshen up your jewellery and remove dirt, you can:
- Mix lukewarm water and neutral soap (pearls do not tolerate soap).
- Leave your jewellery in there for 5-10 minutes.
- To remove dirt, you can use a soft brush.
- Rinse the jewellery with water and wipe it with a soft cloth.
As a natural process, silver jewellery oxidises over time. This might happen to goldplated pieces as well. If the steps above did not remove the oxidation, you can remove the discolouration by dipping the jewellery in liquid silver cleaner for no more than 5 seconds. Silver clean is available in some supermarkets. Do not dip pearls in silver clean as this might damage the pearl.
In order to avoid oxidation, we recommend that you keep your jewellery in an airtight box when not wearing the jewellery.
The more you take care of your goldplated jewellery, the longer it will last:
- If possible, remove your rings before washing your hands. Always remove your jewellery before showering, sports, cleaning etc.
- Add jewellery as the last step of your routine as perfume, hairspray etc. can damage the goldplating.
We strive for a high quality goldplating, and since rings are often more exposed, and the goldplating will wear off quicker than e.g. earrings, the rings get an extra layer to extend the durability.
If your jewellery needs a new goldplating, we will refresh the goldplating for a charge. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org